THIS MATTER having come before the Court upon Plaintiff, Chanel, Inc.’s (“Chanel” or “Plaintiff”) Motion for Final Default Judgment against Defendant Rene Paley (“Paley” or the “Defendant”), and the Court having considered the moving papers and there being no opposition thereto;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Plaintiff’s Motion for Final Default Judgment is GRANTED, and judgment is entered in favor of Plaintiff, Chanel, Inc., a New York corporation, with its principal place of business in the United States located at Nine West 57th Street, New York, New York 10019, and against Defendant Paley;
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED AND ADJUDGED:
- Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 1117(c) Chanel is awarded statutory damages against Defendant Paley, in the amount of Forty Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ($40,000.00), for which let execution issue;
- Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 1117(d); Chanel is awarded statutory damages against Defendant Paley, in the amount of Fifty Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ($50,000.00), for which let execution issue;
- Chanel is awarded costs against Defendant Paley, in the amount of Six Hundred Ninety-Seven Dollars and Fifty Cents ($697.50), for which let execution issue;
- The bond posted by Chanel in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ($10,000.00) is ordered to be released by the Clerk;
- Interest from the date this action was filed shall accrue at the legal rate.
- In order to give practical effect to the Permanent Injunction, the domain names cheapchanel-watches.com, mywatchsky.com, replica-watches-mall.com, wristfavorite.com, zenroad.com, 21cnshoes.com, bagspal.com, chanelwatcheszone.com, led-lighting-cn.com, lovebagclub.com, offerreplicawatches.com, replica-brand-watches.com, replica-watches-swiss.com, sport-shoeszone.com, tastefulwatch.com, watcheslibrary.com, and wristlike.com (the “Subject Domain Names”) are hereby ordered to be immediately transferred by the Defendant, his assignees and/or successors in interest or title, and the Registrar to Plaintiff’s control. To the extent the current Registrar does not facilitate the transfer of the domain names to Plaintiff’s control within ten (10) days of receipt of this judgment, the United States based Registry shall, within thirty (30) days, transfer the domain names to a United States based Registrar of Plaintiff’s choosing, and that Registrar shall transfer the domain names to Plaintiff; and
- Upon Plaintiff’s request, the top level domain (TLD) Registry for the Subject Domain Names, Verisign, Inc., within thirty (30) days of receipt of this Order shall place and/or continue to hold the Subject Domain Names on Registry Hold status, thus removing them from the TLD zone files maintained by the Registry which link the Subject Domain Names to the IP address where the associated websites are hosted.
IT IS SO ORDERED